April 14, 2015 Save Time: Duplicate Forms and Promotions
Duplicating a form or promotion can save you time. It’s a great time-saver if you want to have a weekly drawing but don’t want to delete all of the entries, since it allows you to use the same form across multiple tabs or Pages, keeping submitters separate. You might also want to duplicate a form or promotion if you’re running a new contest, but just want to make small changes to a contest you already held.
Here’s how to duplicate a form or promotion:
- Log into your ShortStack account and click on the Forms & Promos button at the top
- Find the promotion you’d like to duplicate, and click the “Copy Database Settings to New Database” icon; it looks like two sheets of paper –
- A pop-up will appear, reading, “You are about to make a copy of this database design. You will be the owner of the new database. Entries are not copied. Do you want to continue?” Click “Ok” at the bottom of the pop-up.
- After you click “Ok” on the pop-up, you will be directed to the Form Designer. Here, you can make updates to the form. Don’t worry – changes won’t effect the original form it was copied from, and all existing entries will remain unaffected. We recommend clicking on the “Form Settings” tab and renaming the new form so it’s easier to keep track of. If this is a promotion, make sure the Rules and Disclaimers section in the Form Settings area is updated to reflect the new promotion.
- When you’re finished updating your copied form, remember to click “Save Form” at the bottom of the screen.
Remember – the entries for the original form will remain intact, but won’t be copied to your new duplicated form.
You can now add this new database to any tab you’d like! Remember, only paid users will be able to save their entries in a database on ShortStack. Free plan users will need to have all entries emailed.