Dana Sullivan Kilroy is a communications professional with more than 20 years of experience delivering compelling content. Her work has appeared in national, award-winning publications and sites, including: The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and Fast Company, Inc.
As the holiday season gets underway, it's time to start thinking about promotions that will increase exposure to your brand, products and services, and bring in the qualified leads that will help you with year 'round marketing. Did you know that data-collection increases by 73% between September and December?
• 45% of people on Pinterest start planning for holidays at least 60 days out (that's 21% higher than the general population).
• 1.1 billion holiday pins were saved in 2015.
• Pinners spend 2X more on the holidays than the general public.
• 84% of people shop across multiple devices.
• 69% of people do research online before visiting a store.
• 65% of people do research in-store before buying 0nline.
• 55% of people on Pinterest use Pinterest to find or shop for products.
• 70% of incremental sales come from new customers.On Pinterest:
• There are 82 million searches for gifts.
• There are 158 million searches for holiday home decor.
• There are 271 million searches for holiday food and drink.
• There are 583 million searches for holiday style.
• Pinterest is 5x more efficient at driving in-store sales than any other platform.Ready to use Pinterest for your holiday promotions?We have two templates that are ready for you to customize.
- Pin and Win!
And here's Pinterest's infographic:
Need holiday marketing ideas? Hit us up!
Recent postsGo back to blog
Are you ready for Gmail and Yahoo’s New Email Sender Requirements?
In an effort to improve security and the over-all experience of email recipients, Gmail and Yahoo have implemented new requirements for bulk senders. Learn what they are and how to stay in compliance with this quick read.
Everything You Need to Know About Query String Parameters
Learn how you can use query string parameters in your next entry form to collect better data and engage users.
Get productivity tips straight to your inbox
Launch an irresistible giveaway. Get started for free.
Join 630.000+ marketers that are boosting engagement and sales.