Dana Sullivan Kilroy is a communications professional with more than 20 years of experience delivering compelling content. Her work has appeared in national, award-winning publications and sites, including: The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and Fast Company, Inc.
Search Engine Journal has pulled together an exhaustive list of social-media facts and stats that we all should know in this infographic. See below for a roundup of the best tweetable stats from this infographic and around the web!
Here are some highlights from the infographic:
- 72% of all internet users are now active on social media
- 89% of 18-29-year-old internet users are active on social media
- 93% of marketers use social media for business
- 70% of brands have a presence on Google+, up 4% from Q4 of 2012
- Twitter is the fastest growing social network, up 44% between June 2012 and March 2013
- Google+ grew 33% during the same period
- Facebook has 1.15 billion monthly active users
And while we're rounding up statistics, we have a few more to toss your way:
- Google sites handle about 100 billion searches each month (SEL)
- YouTube hosts nearly 14 billion videos (comScore)
- Facebook is now over 1.1 billion users (Facebook)
- Google+ has over 500 million users (Google)
- Twitter has over 550 million accounts (Statistics Brain)
- LinkedIn is at 225 million users (LinkedIn)
- Pinterest has more than 70 million users (The Next Web)
Recent postsGo back to blog
6 December Contest Ideas That Will Surprise and Delight Your Customers This Year
December is a crucial month for connecting with customers. Social media contests and giveaways can help capture leads and give back to the community.
How the Ontario SPCA Maximizes its Budget with this Multi-Use MarTech Tool
Learn how the Ontario SPCA maximizes its marketing budget by utilizing the multi-use martech tool, ShortStack.
Get productivity tips straight to your inbox
Launch an irresistible giveaway. Get started for free.
Join 630.000+ marketers that are boosting engagement and sales.