Dana Sullivan Kilroy is a communications professional with more than 20 years of experience delivering compelling content. Her work has appeared in national, award-winning publications and sites, including: The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and Fast Company, Inc.
Most people who use Facebook as a marketing tool barely scratch the surface of the platform's power. Post Planner, the easy-to-use post-creation and scheduling tool, recently pulled together this information-packed infographic that will make a Facebook master out of anyone who implements the tips. Here are the 12 Secret Facebook Features Every Marketer Should be Using:
- The Save feature, which lets you save articles that appear in your News Feed so you can schedule them to share throughout the day.
- Interest lists, which let your organize the people and organizations you follow into segmented lists, by country/region, industry, medium, interest, etc.
- The Monitoring feature, which lets you monitor the content of your competitors, using Insights.
- Facebook History, which can give you insight as to how your business has performed on Facebook.
- The option to tag people in your posts. Let's say you're sharing a blog post by, Post Planner's Scott Ayers and you want him to know about it. Just click "Edit Post" in the drop-down menu and type his name, hit "Done Editing" and he'll get the notification and, share the post with all his followers!
- The "Pin Post" feature. If you have an important resource or news update you want all your Page's visitors to see, just hit the "Pin to Top" button.
- The ability to keep tabs on who likes your Page. If you're looking for potential brand evangelists, this is where you'll find them.
- Mark all Facebook notifications as "Read" so you don't worry about them. Just go to Page notifications (the globe icon) and click "Mark all as read."
- Use Page Attribution settings. Want to post as yourself rather than as the Page? Go to Post Attribution within Page Settings and choose your preferred identity.
- Filter Page posts by type. To quickly see if people have left you comments on a post, or shared a photo, just click on "Activity Log" and select the type of post you're looking for.
- Manage notifications to keep your inbox organized. Which kinds of notifications are the most important to you? Likes? Shares? You can set notifications so you're able to respond quickly.
- Keep tabs on Ad relevance. Improve ad ROI by checking reports.
For lots more details and how-tos, check out the infographic below.
Recent postsGo back to blog
Are you ready for Gmail and Yahoo’s New Email Sender Requirements?
In an effort to improve security and the over-all experience of email recipients, Gmail and Yahoo have implemented new requirements for bulk senders. Learn what they are and how to stay in compliance with this quick read.
Everything You Need to Know About Query String Parameters
Learn how you can use query string parameters in your next entry form to collect better data and engage users.
Get productivity tips straight to your inbox
Launch an irresistible giveaway. Get started for free.
Join 630.000+ marketers that are boosting engagement and sales.