Dana Sullivan Kilroy is a communications professional with more than 20 years of experience delivering compelling content. Her work has appeared in national, award-winning publications and sites, including: The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and Fast Company, Inc.
We're guessing most of you are out of the office, enjoying a day off today! Those of you who happen to be working, though, might be interested in checking out some interesting stats related to America's birthday celebration.
Thanks to Wallet Hub for putting together these fun facts:
• 43 percent of Americans celebrate the holiday watching fireworks.
• At the first Independence Day celebration, the U.S. had 2.5 million residents.
• 56 people signed the Declaration of Independence, including Broadway's man of the hour, Alexander Hamilton.
• 27 different official flags have been used in the U.S.
• 1960 is when the current American flag design was chosen
• $4.4 million worth of American flags are imported annually from other countries (mostly China)
• 63.9% of Americans own an American flag
• 86 places in the U.S. have the words "independence," "freedom," "liberty," or "eagle" in their names.
• 15,000Fireworks displays are held each year
• Americans eat 150 million hot dogs today!
• 3 million people who will watch fireworks from along the Hudson RiverTo this insightful roundup, we can only add: Merica has been a word since at least 2008
Recent postsGo back to blog
Are you ready for Gmail and Yahoo’s New Email Sender Requirements?
In an effort to improve security and the over-all experience of email recipients, Gmail and Yahoo have implemented new requirements for bulk senders. Learn what they are and how to stay in compliance with this quick read.
Everything You Need to Know About Query String Parameters
Learn how you can use query string parameters in your next entry form to collect better data and engage users.
Get productivity tips straight to your inbox
Launch an irresistible giveaway. Get started for free.
Join 630.000+ marketers that are boosting engagement and sales.