Dana Sullivan Kilroy is a communications professional with more than 20 years of experience delivering compelling content. Her work has appeared in national, award-winning publications and sites, including: The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and Fast Company, Inc.
The business shopping days of the year are upon us. We trust you've got plenty of contests and promotions planned for the next six weeks (and we've got tons of ideas for you if you're in need of a few -- just hit the "Campaign Ideas" category on our blog).Today's infographic, from Shoppertrack, includes a list of the busiest days, plus has some reminders for marketers. First, a list of the busiest shopping days:
- November 25 (Black Friday)
- Monday, December 26
- Friday, December 23
- Saturday, December 17
- Saturday, December 10
- November 26 (Small Business Saturday)
- Thursday, December 22
- Saturday, December 3
- Sunday, December 18
- Wednesday, December 21
For contest and promotion ideas that correspond with each of the days listed above, don't miss this post. Then the top tips to consider:
- Know that annual activity patterns remain consistent. Be sure to optimize your staffing and inventory with special emphasis on top traffic dates.
- Reconsider Thanksgiving Day. Don't confuse what you want to happen with what your customers will actually do.
- Accept and embrace the trends.
- Don't overreact to perceived trends. Shoppers behavior has been consistent over the last five years so days ebbs and flows can likely be attributed to weather events.
Recent postsGo back to blog
Are you ready for Gmail and Yahoo’s New Email Sender Requirements?
In an effort to improve security and the over-all experience of email recipients, Gmail and Yahoo have implemented new requirements for bulk senders. Learn what they are and how to stay in compliance with this quick read.
Everything You Need to Know About Query String Parameters
Learn how you can use query string parameters in your next entry form to collect better data and engage users.
Get productivity tips straight to your inbox
Launch an irresistible giveaway. Get started for free.
Join 630.000+ marketers that are boosting engagement and sales.