October 11, 2016 Holiday Email Marketing Calendar [Infographic]
Do you rely on email marketing to the word out about your business’ holiday sales and promotions?
If you’re getting ready to send out your holiday email campaigns, you’ll want to give today’s infographic a quick glance. It’ll help you plan out your holiday marketing efforts. A few highlights from Email Monks:
- October is the prime time for planning your strategy for Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday and all the December holidays.
- Most people shop online via mobile these days so make sure ensure your website is mobile friendly, easy to navigate, and ready to handle a sudden inflow of visitors.
- Owing to the fact that the major holidays are lined up back to back in October/November/December, this is the best opportunity to churn your list and keep it clean.
- Considering there is no (regular) pick-up, but only express delivery services on Thanksgiving Day; make sure you let your subscribers know your free shipping deadline. Retailers generally keep 21st as last day for free shipping Thanksgiving gifts.
- The Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday and Cyber Monday weekend is one of most hectic periods in an email marketer’s calendar.
- Be sure to send promo emails at least a week prior to Thanksgiving, but also take this day as an opportunity to reach out one last time before Black Friday/Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday.
- Black Friday is very competitive for marketers. Thanks to sometimes limited stock and heavy discounts, there is plenty of competition among retailers.
- Green Monday is an initiative by eBay to describe its best sales day in December. It is the Monday that comes at least 10 days prior to Christmas.
- Super Saturday is the last chance for those who procrastinate their Christmas shopping. Wake them up with a ‘limited period’ offer or ‘ending today’ promotions.
- Boxing Day is not celebrated in the United States as much as all around the globe. This day is used as a stock clearing opportunity by email marketers.
- New Year’s Day emails can be a great way to establish relationships with your customer for the New Year.