Dana Sullivan Kilroy is a communications professional with more than 20 years of experience delivering compelling content. Her work has appeared in national, award-winning publications and sites, including: The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and Fast Company, Inc.
We may be looking at three of the season's biggest shopping days in the rearview mirror, but there is still plenty of shopping to be done during December. There's still Free Shipping Monday, Super Saturday and Green Green Monday, just for starters. And all that shopping means an increased risk of identity theft. Don't let it happen to you -- or your customers! Today's infographic, from BeFrugal, includes some stats that show just how big a concern identity theft is:
• 73% of Americans are concerned about sharing their credit card or personal information when shopping this holiday season.
• 53% have concerns about sharing credit card information on business' websites.
• 45% feel nervous about using brands' mobile sites or apps. Among the things we can all do to have a safe and secure shopping experience:
• Shop online with secure networks only -- avoid public WiFi.
• Disable automatic WiFi connectivity.
• Check your credit card statement more frequently than usual.
Recent postsGo back to blog
Are you ready for Gmail and Yahoo’s New Email Sender Requirements?
In an effort to improve security and the over-all experience of email recipients, Gmail and Yahoo have implemented new requirements for bulk senders. Learn what they are and how to stay in compliance with this quick read.
Everything You Need to Know About Query String Parameters
Learn how you can use query string parameters in your next entry form to collect better data and engage users.
Get productivity tips straight to your inbox
Launch an irresistible giveaway. Get started for free.
Join 630.000+ marketers that are boosting engagement and sales.