April 13, 2015 Weekly Campaign Idea: New Product Announcement
Each week on Socially Stacked, we feature a social media marketing Campaign to inspire marketers and ShortStack users.
Is social media an influencer in shoppers’ buying decisions? You bet!
In fact, 74% of consumers use social networks to make a purchasing decision. (BrainSINS)
However, only 14% of shoppers trust advertisements. Where does this leave businesses?
Try using a campaign to introduce a new product and offer a special to your fans.
Using a campaign to announce a new product is the ideal way to promote the latest offering from your brand because it serves as a landing page for that particular product. Usually a potential buyer would navigate to your website in order to find your products, but they could easily get distracted. The key to introducing a new product is to get your followers to focus on that and ideally purchase it. This is where a campaign is super powerful because you can build a branded landing page that fits in with your website but focuses on the one item you want to promote.
Even better, you can choose to embed your campaign on your website or you can publish it as a stand alone page like Oberweis did in the example below.
Planning a New Product Announcement Campaign
1. Focus on a single product: When you’re building a landing page for any marketing strategy you want it to be focused with a clear goal. If your business is releasing multiple products, consider creating a campaign for each one so that you can track which product campaign is receiving the most traffic. Plus, the less distractions your fans have when they come to your campaign the better. Focusing on one product narrows the sales funnel.
2. Offer a special: Consider running a special offer alongside the announcement of your new product. For example, Oberweis is announcing the delivery of Single Cup Coffee and on their campaign the coffee is being offered for $1 off. It’s a small gesture but people are more inclined to test out a new product if they get a little discount on it! Some other offers we’ve seen are to try a sample for free, buy one get one, or buy a new product and receive a complimentary addition of an older product.
3. Link to product page from online advertisement: The best way to drive engagement and traffic to your newly built product page is to put some money behind it. Facebook ads can be executed on a rather small budget but there are a lot of options for online advertising.
4. Brand your campaign: The most important thing you can do is to build your campaign to fit your company’s brand. You want to assure your fans have no question of whose product they’re looking at when the come to your campaign. Embedding your campaign on your website is a great way to brand it with the rest of your online content.
5. Make your product purchasable from your campaign: One of the most important steps in the sales funnel is the sale! Make it easy for your fans to purchase your product from your campaign by including a button to link them to your purchase page on your website.
Templates to help you build a New Product Announcement Campaign
Example of a New Product Announcement Campaign
Oberweis is a home delivery service which delivers a variety of dairy and seasonal products. When Oberweis was ready to announce their latest delivery option, Papa Nicholas single cup coffee, they built an awesome landing page and published it to the web. The page is cleanly designed and highlights the product. They include a nice special offer as well as an option for their fans to add it to their home delivery options.