Collecting email addresses to grow a newsletter list is the most common goal we see marketers building campaigns for.
Growing an email list is not only easy, but it provides a way for businesses to communicate with their entrants long after a promotion ends.
Even better news is that email marketing is still incredibly successful. Check out a few of these mindblowing stats on email marketing from Salesforce.
• 95% of those who opt into emails from brands find these messages useful
• 91% of consumers check their inboxes at least once a day
• 20% of marketers say their business’ primary revenue source is directly linked to email operations
• Email marketing yields an average 4,300% ROI for U.S. businesses
Pretty awesome stats, huh?
Now lets talk about how you can grow your email list using ShortStack.
Planning a Newsletter Signup Campaign
1. Start with email marketing software: If you plan on collecting email addresses the best thing you can do is start with email marketing software to make your collection seamless. Some of our favorites include MailChimp, Aweber, Constant Contact, Salesforce and Highrise. All of these easily integrate with ShortStack so you can set up your Campaign so that the emails you collect go straight into your list.
2. Set up an auto-responder: Once you’ve connected your Campaign to your email list, make sure to set up some form of an auto-responder to send out to entrants within 24 hours of having provided you with their email contact. This can include a special deal or coupon, a valuable resource, or even be a simple message like, “Thank you for joining our email list, here’s what you can expect to see from us.”
3. Let people know what they’re signing up for and why they’re receiving an email from you: No one likes being tricked into an email marketing Campaign. Include a pre-checked box on your Campaign that lets entrants know that by providing their email they’re agreeing to your terms and conditions and are agreeing to be added to your email list.
4. Provide an incentive: Most people are willing to sign up for an email list if it gives them a chance to win something exciting. If you’re looking to grow your email list, use a product giveaway or coupon offering to entice fans to provide their email. Always give something in return!
5. Have a long-term email strategy: Once your promotion is over and your auto-responder is set, it’s important to have an ongoing email strategy that provides value to your list. This may include breaking the list into more specific groups, adding the list to a larger existing newsletter strategy or simply creating a new strategy. Sending frequency will vary from business to business.
Templates to help you build a Newsletter Signup Campaign
Example of a Newsletter Signup Campaign
Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa is a premier hotel located in New Hampshire. For several years they’ve been offering seasonal raffles for two night stays at their hotel. Their main goal has always been to grow their newsletter list and they continue to see success with each Campaign.
To enter their giveaway entrants need to provide their name and email address. Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa includes links to a variety of other specials and happenings around their resort for entrants to learn about when they navigate to their Campaign. Once someone has entered their promotion they are added to the Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa email list where they’re emailed several times a month with resort information and deals.