Dana Sullivan Kilroy is a communications professional with more than 20 years of experience delivering compelling content. Her work has appeared in national, award-winning publications and sites, including: The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and Fast Company, Inc.
UPDATED AS OF 1/30/15:
We've updated this template to include Facebook's latest image sizes and designs.
The Facebook cover photo is prime real estate for any business’s Page. Are you using yours to maximum effect? If "Redo my Facebook Page cover photo" has been on your to-do list for awhile now, our new template will make this an easy task to check of your list!
If you use Photoshop, open the template in the program and quickly replace the images with your own. If not, just use it as a guide. Either way, it's so easy to use, you can have your gorgeous new cover photo installed in minutes.
Here are a couple of things to keep in mind:
* Update your cover photo frequently -- once a month is ideal.
* Always include a photo description when you update your cover photo image; in the description, provide links and a call to action.
* Use arrows and other design elements to direct Timeline visitors' eyes to the Like button or to an app.
* Coordinate your cover photo with your profile photo.
* If you haven't yet, experiment with free photo-enhancing sites such as Pic-Monkey.
And if you've been struggling with what kinds of status updates to post, page two of this guide includes Facebook Page status update tips and best practices that will get your Page the engagement you're after:
* Share a tip -- start with the word TIP so it stands out in News Feeds.
* Post the most interesting fact related to your content and link to the rest.
* Engage! Respond to comments and questions.
* Stay positive!
If you already have the new Pages layout, here is the updated version of this template!
Recent postsGo back to blog
Are you ready for Gmail and Yahoo’s New Email Sender Requirements?
In an effort to improve security and the over-all experience of email recipients, Gmail and Yahoo have implemented new requirements for bulk senders. Learn what they are and how to stay in compliance with this quick read.
Everything You Need to Know About Query String Parameters
Learn how you can use query string parameters in your next entry form to collect better data and engage users.
Get productivity tips straight to your inbox
Launch an irresistible giveaway. Get started for free.
Join 630.000+ marketers that are boosting engagement and sales.