Is your blog SEO friendly? This infographic contains tips that will help make your blog more searchable and thus more findable. We also included links within in each tip where you can learn more about how these various tips can help.
- Choose the right web host. Before you commit to a provider, inquire about support for plug-ins, volume of bandwidth they can handle. If you have a slow or unresponsive website you will lose visitors. Learn more from Entreprenuer.
- Choose a Content Delivery Network (CDN). A CDN can boost the speed of your website. Learn more from Streaming Media.
- Use a Cache Plugin. To make your pages load faster, use a caching plugin. Learn more from Design Bombs.
- Choose Categories. Pick broad topics to categorize your posts. Categories are a blog’s table of contents. Learn more from CoSchedule.
- Use Tags. Good to know: Not all posts need tags and you should delete overused or underused tags every month. Learn more from WP Site Care.
- Permalinks. Permalinks structure your URLs with keywords and increase search rankings so keep your settings updated. Learn more from Wildflowers and Pixels.
- Prevent spam comments. Disallow anonymous comments and use CAPTCHAs to block automated spamming. Learn more from MasterMind Blogger.
- Use meta titles and meta descriptions. We use the Yoast SEO plug in and to improve SEO. Learn more from SEO Hacker.
- XML Sitemaps. To keep your posts and pages in a simple list, use a sitemap feature. Learn more from Google.
Thanks to WPShrug for these helpful tips.