Dana Sullivan Kilroy is a communications professional with more than 20 years of experience delivering compelling content. Her work has appeared in national, award-winning publications and sites, including: The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and Fast Company, Inc.
Customer service can make or break a business. Customer service is increasingly handled online, and customers are also savvy about checking reviews on social media sites.
I could spend an entire post listing out customer service stats, but for now I'll mention two that I believe are the most interesting for businesses:
• 82% of consumers have stopped doing business with a company because of bad customer service.
• 65% of people are frustrated by inconsistent experiences across channels. People expect businesses to be where they are -- online! -- and to provide prompt, professional and brief responses.Responding immediately can be a challenge for businesses, especially small ones, but there are many tools out there that can make the online customer service you provide consistent and successful.One of those tools is ShortStack. With ShortStack you can create a customer service contact page that can remain on your Facebook Page, website or a landing page. This page will allow your visitors to contact your support team directly from your Campaign. Once you build your customer service contact page you can set it and forget it. If you're ready to build your customer service contact page, here are 5 things to remember.
1. Include all necessary fields: We normally suggest a minimal number of fields when asking fans to submit information, but a customer service contact page is a little different. For a "contact us" type of Campaign you'll want to collect as much information as necessary from your visitors in order to provide them with quick support. This includes a name and email and/or phone number, address, product or order number, and the nature of their question or concern. The more information you can collect straight from your Campaign the more efficiently you'll be able to respond. It's important to know that 32% of social media users who contact a brand expect a response within 30 minutes, and 42% expect a response within 60 minutes.
2. Connect your form to an active email: When you build your customer service contact page you'll connect your form to an email address that will receive an email every time an "entry" is received. This email should go directly to your customer support team or the person who will be answering the inquiries.
3. Link to additional help docs: A great way to take some of the heat off your customer support team is to have support documentation and perhaps tutorial videos that answer your most frequently asked questions. When you build your Campaign, make sure to link to these additional resources. Encouraging your audience to seek out the answer they're looking for prior to submitting a support request can help keep your customer support inquiries to a minimum.
4. Drive traffic to your Campaign: As I mentioned earlier, with ShortStack, you have the ability to put your Campaign on your Facebook page, your website or as a landing page. For customer service contact pages we recommend publishing your Campaign on your Facebook Page and embedding it on your website. This provides the most direct access for your Facebook and website visitors. If you choose to publish as a landing page, make sure you're driving traffic to that landing page through your website, other social networks, Facebook page and even Facebook ads.
5. Provide additional ways for your audience to contact you: Some customers will prefer to call you for customer support. If possible, include your phone number and customer support hours on your Campaign in case your visitor would like to reach you that way.
Example of Customer Service Contact Page
Bob's Discount Furniture is a furniture retail store with more than 60 locations. Each of their Facebook business pages include a "Need Help?" app where their customers can directly reach out to them with questions or customer service inquiries. Bob's includes links to their FAQ's, their customer support hours and their contact information.
Recent postsGo back to blog
6 December Contest Ideas That Will Surprise and Delight Your Customers This Year
December is a crucial month for connecting with customers. Social media contests and giveaways can help capture leads and give back to the community.
How the Ontario SPCA Maximizes its Budget with this Multi-Use MarTech Tool
Learn how the Ontario SPCA maximizes its marketing budget by utilizing the multi-use martech tool, ShortStack.
Get productivity tips straight to your inbox
Launch an irresistible giveaway. Get started for free.
Join 630.000+ marketers that are boosting engagement and sales.