You have a blog, right? Of course you do, because you know companies that post regularly to their own blog drive more traffic to their website.
The infographic below includes 10 must-do blogging tips, but first, we have a few of our own:
• Post on a regular schedule. Most “how to” blogging blogs, advise posting at least twice a week. A regular schedule will turn occasional readers into loyal readers. Plus, if you don’t post new content on a regular basis you will not rank well with Google.
• Create an editorial calendar. Some writers find it helpful to have blog posts on a to-do list of sorts. Consider creating a list of categories and then identifying topics within the category that you could write about.
• Make it easy for readers to follow your blog. Add the “Follow blog widget” to your sidebar so readers can sign up to receive email notifications every time you publish a new post.
• Do your homework. If you want to learn more about best practices, check out Daniel Scocco’s Daily Blog Tips. It’s just what its title suggests, full of tips and tricks to help bloggers build successful blogs (one of his other blogs, Daily Writing Tips is also worth bookmarking.
• Use subheads. People who are reading on the internet skim. Using subheads makes your content skimmable and easier to read online. Subheads function as mini headlines that compel readers to keep on reading.
And here are a few more actionable tips from marketing agency, KOL Limited.