August 16, 2016 The Elements of a Perfect Facebook Contest [Infographic]
We created this guide a few years ago, but think it’s worth sharing again.
While Facebook “apps” per se are out of fashion — in favor of embedding campaigns on your website, blog, or publishing as landing pages (and then promoting them everywhere, including Facebook), this list still includes everything you need for your next contest.
Here are the most important elements for any contest or giveaway:
- An exciting and descriptive headline.
- An image or video that explains the contest or features the contest prize you’re offering.
- An easy-to-read list of contest rules; check out our template for how to’s.
- A description of the prize (here’s our new guide with tips on how to choose one your users will love!).
- Beginning and ending dates.
- A “Login with Facebook” button.
- Contact information entry boxes.
- A check box that confirms users have read and agree to the rules of the contest.
- A “We will not spam you” disclaimer.
- A Facebook disclaimer (note, if you embed your contest on your website or blog, or host it on a landing page, you don’t have to include this).
- A “Share with friends” button.
- Social share buttons to encourage entrants to share your contest.
Once the contest is live, it’s time to promote it:
- Make an announcement and promote the link to your contest on Facebook and your other social networks.
- For the duration of your contest, remind users about it.
- If you’ve published to Facebook, make sure to rearrange your apps so it’s near the top.
- Write a blog post about the contest.
- Promote the contest in your company newsletters and email.
- Invest in Facebook advertising.