Dana Sullivan Kilroy is a communications professional with more than 20 years of experience delivering compelling content. Her work has appeared in national, award-winning publications and sites, including: The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and Fast Company, Inc.
On July 27, we hosted a webinar about increasing your engagement by more than 150%. We've included a recording of this webinar, which you can watch below. This webinar was co-hosted by Brent and Ashley (who hosts the official ShortStack podcast, #STACKTALK).
Here are some key Instagram stats we cover in the webinar:
- Instagram currently has 500 million users, with 300 million active daily users.
- A report in Emarketer said that Instagram usage is expected to grow 15.1% this year, compared to the 3.1% growth expected for the social network sector as a whole.
- Instagram introduced an ads platform last year, wasn’t widely available until recently.
- Instagram had $600M in ad revenue in 2015, estimated $2.81B in 2016, according to an Emarketer report.
- In Social Fresh’s The Future of Social Media report, they found that Instagram has surpassed all platforms, save for Facebook, in businesses' social media budgets.
- Some research shows that Instagram engagement is down, but is rising again due to advertising. Adweek reports that engagement on Instagram is still higher than it is on Facebook and Twitter. Changes in engagement are due to many factors, such as algorithm changes.
- ShortStack case study: MarketingProfs increased their Instagram by 152% by using our Instagram bio link strategy.
Using ShortStack with Instagram
Because Instagram only provides the opportunity to add a clickable link to select places — underneath a bio, and in an advertisement — we recommend using your bio link to the fullest.
You can do this using our Instagram Promotion template, which allows marketers to track one URL that serves as a continuously updated feed of content.
Recent postsGo back to blog
Are you ready for Gmail and Yahoo’s New Email Sender Requirements?
In an effort to improve security and the over-all experience of email recipients, Gmail and Yahoo have implemented new requirements for bulk senders. Learn what they are and how to stay in compliance with this quick read.
Everything You Need to Know About Query String Parameters
Learn how you can use query string parameters in your next entry form to collect better data and engage users.
Get productivity tips straight to your inbox
Launch an irresistible giveaway. Get started for free.
Join 630.000+ marketers that are boosting engagement and sales.