June 23, 2016 How to Get More Facebook Shares [Infographic]
Do you use Facebook as a way to get important information about your business in front of your customers? Do you hope your existing followers will share your content?
Every marketer’s goal is to reach as many people as possible, but achieving “virality” isn’t always easy. Today’s infographic looks, which we created with advice from Facebook expert Mari Smith, highlights 14 ways to get more Facebook shares.
- Be consistent. Post 5 times a week so you’re “top of mind” for your fans.
- Time it right. The best time to post will depends on the type of business you’re in. For example, restaurants consistently get the best engagement from 7 am to 12 pm; retailers from 8 am to 2 pm.
- Use eye-catching images. Alternate photos and video with text-only updates.
- Keep it short. Posts between 100 and 150 characters (fewer than 3 lines of text) see 60% more likes, comments and shares than longer posts.
- Be relevant. Your content should let your audience know that you know who they are.
- Use your authentic voice. People are your fans/friends/followers because they like what you do and what you share. Your voice on Facebook should be true to your brand.
- Include a call to action. If you ask your followers to share, like or comment, they’re more likely to do so.
- Be creative. Contests and promotions, along with forms, surveys, etc. can deepen users’ involvement with your business.
- Have a sense of urgency. Include up-to-the-minute tips and tricks; whenever possible, dispel myths (which seem to be rampant on Facebook).
- Offer value. Before you share something on Facebook, ask yourself if your followers will find value in the content. (And avoid sharing things that might offend!)
- Be entertaining. If your followers like funny memes or respond well to video, take note. Use the type of media that works best for your audience.
- Be educational. People love to share how-to guides and tips. Bonus: It’s easy to link to more detailed content from Facebook.
- Make a list. Lists, in the form of an infographic or a PDF are great for sharing. Some of the most shared content have titles like “14 Ways….” or “10 things….”
- Be seasonable. Tailor your content to the season or an upcoming holiday.
Anything you’d add to this list? Let us know @shortstacklab.