Have you ever added up the number of minutes you spend on social media? You might not want to!
Seriously, here’s how much time the users of the most popular social media sites spend on their favorite platforms each day:
- YouTube: 40 minutes
- Facebook: 35 minutes
- Snapchat: 25 minutes
- Instagram: 15 minutes
- Twitter: 1 minute
All those minutes add up!
Over a lifetime, that means the users of these platforms can expect to spend:
- 1 year, 7 months on Facebook
- 1 year, 10 months on YouTube
- 1 year, 2 months on Snapchat
- 8 months on Instagram
- 18 days on Twitter
How does that compare with other “life” activities:
- Watching TV: 7 years, 8 months
- Social media: 5 years, 4 months
- Eating/Drinking: 3 years, 5 months
- Grooming: 1 year 10 months
- Socializing: 1 year, 3 months
- Doing laundry: 6 months
Thanks to Mediakix for sharing this one. (To see how they calculated their numbers, head here.)
Do these numbers sound about right to you?