Posted at 10:16h in Social Media
Mother’s Day is big business…for businesses of all sizes. The amount of money spent for Mother’s Day celebrations in the U.S. has nearly doubled in the last decade, from $11.5B in 2005 to $21.2B in 2015.
In fact, Mother’s Day is the third biggest “holiday” — at least as far as retailers go — in the U.S.
A few other interesting stats:
• 84% of people celebrate Mother’s Day
• 9% of people who celebrate Mother’s Day buy gifts for a sister or another relative
• 10% of people buy gifts for a daughter
• 23% of people buy a gift for their wife
• 57% of people have received a Mother’s Day gift from someone who isn’t a relative
• $162.94 is the average amount spent per person
Whether you’re a florist, a jeweler or a restaurant owner, odds are you’re invested in Mother’s Day. If you’re already thinking ahead to Father’s Day, but need some contest ideas, check this one out.
Thanks to The Shelf for sharing this one with us.