December 3, 2015 How to Prevent Identity Theft this Holiday Shopping Season [Infographic]
We may be looking at three of the season’s biggest shopping days in the rearview mirror, but there is still plenty of shopping to be done during December. There’s still Free Shipping Monday, Super Saturday and Green Green Monday, just for starters. And all that shopping means an increased risk of identity theft. Don’t let it happen to you — or your customers!
Today’s infographic, from BeFrugal, includes some stats that show just how big a concern identity theft is:
• 73% of Americans are concerned about sharing their credit card or personal information when shopping this holiday season.
• 53% have concerns about sharing credit card information on business’ websites.
• 45% feel nervous about using brands’ mobile sites or apps.
Among the things we can all do to have a safe and secure shopping experience:
• Shop online with secure networks only — avoid public WiFi.
• Disable automatic WiFi connectivity.
• Check your credit card statement more frequently than usual.